The heart of God is a heart of service! The gospel tells us that the second person of the trinity, God the Son, took on flesh and came to this earth to humbly serve us. Astonishingly, He even goes as far as to tell us that He came to this earth not to be served but to serve (Mark 10:45).
When King Jesus saves a sinner He then fills that individual with His Holy Spirit. As a result we are now able to lovingly serve others in the same way that Jesus Christ has lovingly served us (Philippians 2:5-7). God’s Word makes it clear that His Church should be a covenant people who continually use their spiritual gifts to serve one another in love (1 Peter 4:8-11).
“The greatest among you will be your servant.” – Matthew 23:11
- Greeter Team Greet members and visitors with a loving smile and a handshake as they arrive on Sunday morning
- Parking Team Help to direct traffic in the church parking lot before the Sunday services
- Usher Team Pass out Sunday bulletins, answer questions, help others to find seats, and pass offering baskets
- Sunday Morning Ministry Team Be available to pray with people after the sermon on Sunday
- Prayer Team Gather in the Prayer Room in Suite 201 to pray before the Sunday morning gatherings for God’s Spirit to move in power and for King Jesus to be exalted. Pray for various needs within the church body
- Emmaus Kids Ministry Team Serve our children through teaching, instructing, leading, and having fun in one of our exciting Kids Ministry environments
- Worship & Arts Team Includes playing in the worship band, working the soundboard, lighting board, pro presenter, etc.
- Welcome Desk Team Greet new visitors and pass out new visitor packets to first time guests on Sundays
- Missional Community Host/Leader Host and lead a Missional Community Group during the week
- Hospitality & Coffee Team Set up and tear down our coffee bar on Sunday mornings
- Student Ministry Team Lead and disciple students at Eikon, our weekly Student Worship Service